Thursday, August 22, 2013

2013 National Sports Collectors Convention Chicago

Ok, where should I start? It was my first "Big Show" and boy was it worth it. If you've ever been to Las Vegas for a couple of days, you'll know what I'm talking about. You can't see everything but you do see a little of everything. Sports Cards old and new, memorabilia, autographs, and more, and more, and then some more. I really enjoyed just walking around checking out all the different types of wares on display, the different types of set ups, and how passionate just about every dealer was about their collections. Chicago is a great city, a great host, and a wonderful place to visit, regardless if it's for the NSCC. I got to meet a lot of people that I only know from online breaks, web casts, and chat rooms. It was kinda funny introducing myself as my screen name, Hi, I'm Streak27!" The only drawback is the amount of money being asked for the autograph guests. I really enjoy meeting athletes, and getting some ink, but the experience is made more personal when I don't have to spend $150. Other than that, I can say that I will make every effort to attend the NCSS in the future because I do love me some sports cards and everything and everyone involved with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment