Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wieners and The Wall



You gotta love the 2012 Allen & Ginter cards bringing back memories of things past and present.  My wife bought me a blaster box of AG from a recent visit to the mainland and with came a couple of special cards.  The first on was a Historical Turning Points "The Fall of the Berlin Wall" card which reminded me of my Army years spent in Germany during this historic time.  I was stationed in Baumholder, Germany, "The Rock" to most, for five years, from 1986-88 and again from 1989-92.  The second card is a mini from the Mans Best Friend set of the Dachshund. Being the owner of two long haired wieners, I have grown to love the low riding, carpet sharks in all their different shapes and sizes.  Although I'm not a big AG fan, today, they made me smile and remember how much I love Germany!

No comments:

Post a Comment